Thursday, July 12, 2012
To Market to Market
Millie and I have been preparing for a visit from Grandma, who arrives tonight! This week we've made pesto using basil from the garden, and also some delicious granola using a recipe from Victoria (our Doula). Yesterday we went on an outing to the Farmers Market in Croton to pick up more delicious goodies. It was much too hot for babywearing, but once the weather cools down I'm sure the market will be one of her favorite places to look around. We recently bought a chocolate-colored Moby by using some gift cards from Mary LoCasio (thanks Mary!). It's super easy to put on and Millie loves it, but we might need Teta and Sotir to show us how to nurse in it.
Ok, back to the food! The market was full of seriously delicious-looking things. Below is a photo of our haul, followed by the menu options for Grandma's visit.
yellow + white peaches
Romano cheese loaf
chocolate sugar cookies, biscotti
- greek yogurt w/ pecan-almond granola and fresh fruit
- chocolate-almond nut butter on peasant bread
- everything bagels w/ cream cheese
- egg breakfast burritos
Lunch + Dinner:
- pesto pasta w/ black olives
- fake BLTs w/ avocado
- rainbow carrot farmer's salad
- Romano cheese bread pizzas w/ fresh mozzarella + garden peppers
Desserts + Extras:
- fresh fruit
- cookies + biscotti
- organic pink lemonade
- iced coffee w/ almond milk (yum!)
We can't wait to see Grandma!