Welcome! This is the place to be for photos and updates about our sweet bunny baby.


Sunday, June 9, 2013


                           A portrait of Millie, once a week, every week, as a one year old.

My little Queen Bea had a monumental week as far as developmental milestones go. On Thursday she took her first steps.  While playing in her bedroom after tubs she stood up from her armchair and just started walking. Of course, being the cautious and ever-aware baby that she is, as soon as we pointed it out and got excited she became shy about it. When we begged her to do it again she would look down, do a double point at the ground, and start mumbling/reasoning with us "Yeah.. oh yeah? Yeah...". She took a few steps about 5 times that night, and a couple of nights since. Very exciting.

She is also working on teeth numbers 9 and 10... bottom molars!!! Can you believe that? They are BIG. For a couple of days I've been able to feel the top points, then today was a breakthrough (pun intended) day. This afternoon I finally saw them: 3 points on each side and sore-looking pink gums all around them. After her nap she just wanted to be held, so we made banana walnut bread together to have for breakfast this week. By the time I needed to start dinner she was having a really hard time with the teeth and didn't want to be put down, so we ended up having warm banana bread and fruit salad for dinner! Wild times in Peekskill...

Daddy was working hard outside ripping down our old fence, so we visited with him a while and then went upstairs for tubs.  By that time she was really upset (because of the tooth pain), and was having a string of fits. I must say though, she is getting very creative with them. She did everything she could think of to avoid and/or protest my request that she sit on her pot for a pee before tubs. First she grabbed her changing pad and leaned it against the cabinet (like a ramp) and tried to crawl up it. I was getting frustrated and kept putting it back down, but she did it again and again while I was running the bath water and getting her toothbrush ready. Finally I put my foot on it and told her again it was time to try the pot. So this time she took out the bin that holds her cloth wipes, grabbed them all up in a big armful, and stuffed them into the bowl of her pot! I could't make this stuff up if I tried...

Anyways, I tried to wash her hair quickly because she was so upset, and while she was crying I saw that her molars were almost all the way through. Poor little thing. I felt bad for getting frustrated with her, but it was nothing that a little game of "put the bath toy on my head and pretend I can't find it" couldn't fix. We had a good laugh, some naked pigs, and then a dose of tasty medicine. Now I just hope she gets a good sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Wild times in Weymouth, too. We've been scavenging hot dogs and marshmallows for the past week, and last night I caught Sotir applying black charcoal to his cheeks and grinding his teeth into sharp points. My beard is now dreaded from lack of proper hygiene; the older boy seems to have become feral. "Grandma" hasn't left her room in three days; I suspect the hoarding is her undoing, and that she is pinned under piles of old Readers Digests. The smell is becoming unbearable.